12.07.2009

Lost artists.....errrrrrrr should I say artifacts....

For the next few weeks, I've decided to post simple rants about artists who had their roots in garage/psych bands of the 60's and went on to become huge acts of the 70's. Here's your first taste... When most people think of Todd Rundgren, they think of crappy 70's rock and a lame-ass glam vibe... Or perhaps, they think of the album Bat Out Of Hell by Meatloaf, which HE produced....more importantly to me, was the FIRST album by the New York Dolls, which he TOO is responsible for producing... However, take the song "Rowed Out" by the Eyes, or even yet "I Can't Explain" by the Who, and perhaps add some Beach Boys and you get a pop song entitled "Open My Eyes" by a band called the Nazz....Rundgren circa 67/68.....

No comments:

Post a Comment